Monday, September 3, 2012

A Beautiful Beginning

Senegal was a very special trip for me. 
It was my first time overseas. It was also my last trip with my youth group as a high schooler.
It was bittersweet in a way, like a fair-well to a good old high school friend, because all through high school I worked to get to Africa. I worked hard, played hard, just waiting for the next missions trip to Africa to be sent through my church. And then it happened.

Senegal was also a special trip because of the people I met. 
They pushed me. They made me ask the hard questions, of myself, of God and of society. 
I by no mean have the answers, even two months later.
I know that I may have hung up my adventurer hat for scholarly pursuit but these people will forever remain on my heart. They've imprinted there and they even entered my life before we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment